I’m trying to study for my Health & Medical course and I need some help to understand this question.
Enterprise Master Person Identification (EMPI) Policy
[WLOs: 1, 5, 6] [CLOs: 1, 2]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment read Chapter 28 of Health Informatics: an Interprofessional Approach, Chapter 17 from the eBook Registries for Evaluating Patient Outcomes: A User’s Guide (Links to an external site.), and the article Will the Real John Smith Please Stand Up? (Links to an external site.)
Prepare a one to two-page patient identity management policy. (Note: the assignment is patient digital records identity management and NOT how to identify a patient). Your policy should be one to two pages and include the following:
- Policy title
- Version No.:
- Effective Date:
- Date Ratified:
- Ratified By:
- Introduction (Rationale for the policy)
- General Guidelines
Excluding resources used in this course, include a minimum of two references in APA format as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center. Refer to the Health Informatics Journals (Links to an external site.) resource for additional resources available in the Ashford University library.
In your paper,
- Prepare a patient identity management policy using principles of Enterprise Person Identification (EMPI) that appropriately outlines methods to identify like records in informatics technology applications
- Address the required elements of the policy in your paper including: policy title, version number, effective date, ratified date, ratified by, introduction/rationale, definition, policy, and general guidelines.
- Explain how the organization achieves the appropriate identification of patient records given the complexities of persons with similar demographic information
Enterprise Master Person Identification (EMPI) Policy paper
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.