- Plant communities change over time.
- What is the difference between primary and secondary succession?
- Provide an example of a place that is or has undergone primary succession.
- Provide an example of a place that is in or has undergone secondary succession.
- Thinking back to Noah and the flood, how do you the ecological succession fits here? Do you think this would be an example of primary or secondary succession? Why?
- What are the benefits of paid verses free communication channels? Does it matter who your audience is when deciding on paid verses free communication channels? How does an organization decide which channel is right for its message?
- You need to spread a message about the harmful effects of sun exposure to high school and college athletes who play outdoor sports. What types of media, including New Media, would you use to communicate to a mass audience? Why would these media work?
- Please take a peek at the “Earth First” campaign (earthfirst.org). This campaign assessment comes shortly after a campaign ends and is a part of the “Evaluation” stage. Many campaigners view this as the most important piece of campaigning as it measures the results and determines the success of the campaign by the numbers (pulled from many different sectors).
The evaluation is important due to its status as a “success symbol” and will determine if the campaign will move into another phase (after tweaks are made based on numbers/feedback) and whether the team will be retained to continue the work. It is also a good determining factor as to whether the firm will be hired for other work (different campaigns) for the client.
What do you think of the Earth First campaign?
Would you like to work on this type of campaign (educational/non-profit)?