Future Of Freud
Freudian theory continued to evolve even as Neo-Freudian theories continued to emerge. Today, Freudian ideas still provide a foundation for modern psychology and research though some appear in a significantly different form. In this assignment, you will address how modern research and empirical study may validate Freudian theory and how Freudian theory continues to influence modern psychology. You will also explore how Freudian and Neo-Freudian theories address the general problems explored in the field of psychology.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA 7th style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Write a paper (1,500-1,750 words) in which you address how modern research and empirical study may validate Freudian theory and how Freudian theory continues to influence modern psychology.
Include the following in your paper:
- A discussion of how medical monitoring and empirical research have supported Freud’s drive theory.
- A discussion of why psychoanalysis is still questioned in scientific circles.
- A discussion of the general problems explored in the field of psychology.
- A discussion of how Freudian and Neo-Freudian theories attempt to address these problems.
- A discussion of what still needs to be explored in the field of psychology in order to more adequately address these problems.