Choose a problem or issue that you would like to resolve. Of course, only share what you are comfortable sharing. Address the following items about your problem or issue:
- Describe a problem/issue.
- As a solution-focused therapist treating a client with this same issue, describe what techniques you would use.
- Describe possible goals for this client.
- Describe possible interventions for this client.
- Identify the possible outcome with this client.
Please include in your answer some of the following “solution-focused therapy” terminology: alternative story, coauthoring a new story, deconstruction, dominant story, exception questions, externalizing conversations, miracle question, not-knowing position, problem-saturated story, re-authoring, scaling questions, storied lives, problem talk, change talk, narrative letters.