Impact of the organization
- Review all the general environmental categories. (PESTEL Analysis)
- Use Porter’s Five Forces model to analyze the company’s industry. Identify key competitors and analyze their strategies, core competencies, and competitive response.
2-What are the strengths or weaknesses of the organization?
- Review factors within the company that are critical to the strategy of the firm and classify them as strengths or weaknesses.
- Look for resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
- Use the “Four Criteria of Sustainable Competitive Advantage”.
3-In the past, BMW has been able to successfully differentiate its products by engaging in value-adding value chain activities. What are some of these specific activities? How can BMW ensure its ability to continue with value-adding activities as it evolves into a maker of self-driving cars?
- Use the “Value Chain Analysis” to identify value-adding activities and functions.
- This question is not about Business or Corporate level strategies. focus on the functional level.