I don’t understand this Social Science question and need help to study.
Community education and advocacy are both important components of the work that human service professionals do with children and their families. Both types of interventions play an important role in work with this population. For this Assignment, you are going to have the opportunity to choose a social issue that impacts children and their families and discuss the influence of both advocacy and community education on the issue that you identify. Your Assignment needs to address the components listed below.
- Choose a social issue that impacts children and their families, and provide some background about the issue (who is impacted, how many people, and so forth). Some examples of social issues that you could choose include, but are not limited to, child abuse and neglect, teenage pregnancy, and homelessness.
- Determine two different ways that a human service professional could advocate for the social issue that you discussed.
- Specify how a human service professional would provide community education related to the social issue that you chose.
- Assess the effectiveness of advocacy and community education for the social issue that you discussed. In your answer, be certain to indicate if you think advocacy or community education is more effective for the social issue. If you think that they are both effective, be sure to indicate how and why.
- Identify an organization that provides advocacy for the social issue you have discussed, and an organization that provides community education related to the issue. In your answer, be certain to examine whether or not you think the organizations are effective, and if you would change or add anything related to their advocacy or education services.