Implications for The Delivery of Health Care
Minimum 250 words
What are the implications for the delivery of health care when providers are reimbursed based on a prospective payment system? What are the implications for the delivery of health care when providers are reimbursed based on a fee-for-service system? Compare the two methodologies of reimbursement.
For this assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum 1500 words) in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least four scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections in your essay. Cite your sources in APA format.
1. Why are increases in health care spending important to track?
2. Why do many people remain uninsured despite Medicaid and CHIP?
3. Why is the individual market for health insurance so much more expensive than buying insurance as part of a group?
4. Define managed care companies and compare three of the different models of managed care. What are the pros and cons of each?
5. What is the advantage for providers in joining a managed care network and having patients choose them as their primary care physician? What are the disadvantages?