myths or facts
Writing Skills: But My Job Won’t Require Writing!:
Some job candidates experience a disconnect between what they expect to be doing in their career fields and what they actually will do.
- No one really writes anymore. They just text and send e-mails.
- Because I’m in a technical field, I will work with numbers, not words.
- Secretaries will clean up my writing problems.
- Technical writers do most of the real writing on the job.
- Today’s sophisticated software programs can fix any of my writing mistakes.
- I can use forms and templates for most messages.
- Analyze the facts of the assignment
- Determine the questions or issues of the assignment
- Apply the applicable rules
- Conclude with decisions and revisions for the assignment