National proposals for health insurance
· Read the four articles below.
· Should undocumented immigrants be included or excluded from national proposals for health insurance?
· Justify your position by referring to course readings, videos, or other relevant sources.
Your initial post should be at least 400 words.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
The four Discussion Resources are below.
· Bustamante, A. V., Chen, J., McKenna, R. M., & Ortega, A. N. (2018). Health care access and utilization among US immigrants before and after the affordable care act. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-018-0741-6
· Galarneau, C. (2011). Still missing: Undocumented immigrants in health care reform. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 22(2), 422-428. https://repository.wellesley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1096&context=scholarship
· National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. (2015). Health status and access to care. In The integration of immigrants into American society (pp. 377-411). Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/21746
· Sidhu, S. S. MD., & Song, S. J., MD, MPH, PhD. (2019, October 1). Growing up with an undocumented parent in America: Psychosocial adversity in domestically residing immigrant children. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 58(10), 933-935. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2019.05.032