Write a 1-page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain your diagnosis for the patient, including your rationale for the diagnosis.
- Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patientâ€™s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Justify why you would recommend this drug therapy plan for this patient. Be specific and provide examples.
Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C.
HL is currently taking the following prescription drugs:
Synthroid 100 mcg daily
Nifedipine 30 mg daily
Prednisone 10 mg daily
This is a case study you do in a Grand Rounds (advanced clinician level brainstorming) style with the ‘Pharmacological Plan’ as the major part of your discussion.
1. Include three differential diagnoses. Do not just say “Symptoms are vague, no diagnoses possible, I will just do further assessment.” Subjective & Objective information are intentionally provided vague (as a clinical case) so that you can develop a couple of pharmacological cases & discuss.
2. Briefly address how you will pharmacologically treat the three diagnoses you listed (Pharmacological Plan).
3. Include why patient is on Synthroid, Nifedipine, a peripheral calcium channel blocker & prednisone an anti-inflammatory immunosuppressive agent (pharmacological information needed) and why patient was on these drugs, discussion based on your objective & assessment. Briefly state the mechanism of action of these agents.
4. Long discussions/stories of no relevance to advanced practice pharmacology will carry no value with this project.
5. Include NEWER AGENTS of cure for hepatitis C infection. Spell out the drug names. Discuss how these NEWER hepatitis C drugs of CURE work.
6. Include peer reviewed, scholarly articles of past 4 years as reference.
7. Make it a Point you have Clinician Level Pharmacology in focus