The purpose of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your ability to apply a working knowledge of the theories, terminology, concepts, and strategies covered in this course.
Identify and discuss the four legal foundations of prisoners’ rights. When specifically discussing the United States Constitution, what Amendments support these rights? Is pretrial detention considered a violation of these rights? Why or why not? Additionally, if an offender believes their rights have been violated, what actions might they take? When discussing these actions, please be sure to include the possible outcomes that may be a result.
Items to include are outlined as follows:
- Length of assignment: the body of the paper must be no more than 3 pages.
- In addition to the body, the paper must include a title page and reference page. These are required in addition to the 3-page length requirement.
- Format of assignment: current APA format and writing must be supported with properly formatted in-text citations
- Number of citations: 2 in addition to the Bible
- Acceptable sources: Sources must be scholarly, reliable, and relevant to the topic, and current to within the last 7 years. The intentional and appropriate integration of Scripture must be present, as it relates to the topic
Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.