This week, you will focus on a topic of your choice and include a problem statement. Theory or conceptual framework. And the annotated bibliography from your previous work. This is a draft to get feedback from your professor to complete the Signature Assignment.
The problem statement is between 250-300 words. It describes the gap in the literature or the problem found in the research. It is something that has not been solved. A problem statement is used to describe what the researcher intends to solve. This also includes what is known about the problem or what should be known about the problem. Identify who is impacted if the problem is not solved. Refer back to week 5. If needed to parallel the outline of the problem statement. Include at least one citation from your literature that supports the evidence of a problem.
The purpose statement is written to align with the problem statement. Also, in this section. You will identify the type of study such as qualitative or quantitative methodology. (Since you have not yet studied the methodology. It is in another research block course. You may use your best idea here.) Include a sentence of who the population and number of participants may be for this study. Finally, in one or two paragraphs. Describe how you will maintain the confidentiality of the participants.
Include the following items in your draft:
- Write a problem statement with no more than 250 words.
- Write a purpose statement using the directions below.
- Include two or three paragraphs about a theory or conceptual framework.
qualitative or quantitative methodology
From the dissertation template. Use the following points to write a purpose statement: Begin with a succinct purpose statement that identifies the study method, design, and overarching goal: “The purpose of this [identify research methodology] [identify research design] study is to. [Identify the goal of the dissertation that directly reflects and encompasses the research questions that will follow].”
- Indicate how the study is a logical. Explicit research response to the stated problem and the research questions that will follow.
- Continue with a brief and clear step-by-step overview of how the study will be (proposal) or was (manuscript) conducted.
- Identify the variables/constructs. Materials/instrumentation. And analysis.
- Identify the target population and sample size that will be needed (proposal) or was obtained (manuscript).
Length: 5 pages
References: Include a minimum of seven (7) scholarly resources.