Reporting Environmental Stories and Popular Culture Essay
I don’t know how to handle this Environmental Science question and need guidance.
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Assignment 4.1: Marcellus Shale. Chapter 4 Assignment:Due on Tuesday, July 28.
Rationale: This assignment is designed to enhance your understanding of the key concepts in Chapter 4. Watch the Powerpoint. Read the chapter. Then do this task:
- Don’t look anything up! Respond to the question: What is your position about fracking?
- Without looking up this process, tell me what you know about fracking.
- Read chapter 4. Review the Powerpoint slides before you watch:
Water on Fire – Marcellus Shale Reality Tour Part 1 – Fracking located at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5QqidiEEHw
- This community is less than 2 hours from our campus. The Marcellus Shale sprawls across four states, all of which will experience a similar impact as those in Lucerne County from the hydrofracking process.
- As a result of observing the YouTube, conduct an life cycle assessment of the fracking industry.
- Did your position change on fracking as a result of watching the documentary? Describe.
- Were there any images that you would identify as visual rhetoric?
- Did you witness anything during the reality tour? Explain
- Was there any use of infographics or interactive maps to enhance technical information? Should there have been and where?
- Assignment 5.1: Using the Discussion Questions on page 117, please respond to questions 1 and 2. I will give extra credit for reactions to question 4 on interactives!