Your paper must meet the following requirements:
- Your written paper should be 3-4 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- Cite at least three scholarly sources for this assignment. Scholarly resources include: peer-reviewed journal articles, books, the class textbook, or reports/documents from the government (.gov sites). A scholarly source does not include general sources from the internet (.com, .org, .edu, and .net sites are not scholarly). Scholarly resources should be current (no older than five years). If the class textbook is used as a source, then two other scholarly sources must be used.
For this assignment, you are to assess a threat of your choice. Address the following items:
- Identify a potential threat.
- Identify the threat’s motivation, capabilities, and history.
- Choose an organization.
- Identify the organization’s assets.
- What tactics might the “chosen threat” use against the organization?
- Will such tactics be effective? Why or why not?
Below are steps to effectively assesses threats which will help enhance your analysis.
- Identify potential threat actors.
- Identify their motivation, capabilities, and history (in other words, their level of intent, skills, weapons, and tactics and what types of targets they have chosen in the past).
- Develop a list of the organization’s assets and determine which of the weapons and tactics are most likely to be of use in attacking the organization.
- Compare that data to information about the organization’s assets to be protected and determine which potential threat actors are likely to be most effective against the organization (Norman, 2009, p. 140).