Behavior Change Report
Essay addressing behavior change in a specific population
- critically analyze and deconstruct behavior change theory and its application within mental health contexts
- evaluate and critique, biological, psychological, social, neurophysiological and systematic factors that impact on behavior and behavior change in mental health contexts
- formulate effective individual and systemic responses to facilitate behavior change founded on theory, empirical research and recovery principles
- apply motivational interviewing knowledge and strategies to facilitate constructed constructive consumer behavior change
Select a behavior that is relevant to a specific population of mental health service users / consumers and propose an evidenced based approach to successful behavior change. Consider and include in your discussion:-
- The rationale for focusing the behavior change intervention with the specific population;
- A critical review of theoretical perspectives that have been applied to supporting behavior change in the population;
- A discussion of potential barriers to behavior change at the neurophysiological, individual, interpersonal, organizational levels and how these barriers could be overcome.
- Word limit/length; 2000 words
- Specific details of the proposed intervention are not required within this assignment. The focus should be on the justification, the theoretical approach to addressing the behavior and a sophisticated understanding of obstacles to behavior change.