Prehistory of Homo Sapiens Article
PART I: Newsletter (80 points)
Students will create a document, which informs and enlightens readers on different issues of Science, preferably related to the content covered in our course.
(Word has numerous standard newsletter templates to assist you)
The newsletter shall include at least 6 sections about the following subjects:
- A section on Science and Religion
- A section on History of Science
- A section on First Scientists
- A section on Philosophical foundation in science
- A section about Ethics in Science
- “my corner” “my side” “my thoughts” – in a short essay, giving the reader a bit of personal advice on a subject related to something you have learned in this course.
Sections can be presented in different formats: i.e. pictures, a story, infographic, interview, article, informational, educational piece, article re-cap, quiz, history note, “did you know?” current event, local event, class, statistics, etc… You must present your sections using at least 4 different formats (you can’t use 6 articles, or 6 events, or 6 jokes, etc…)
Each newsletter shall include all the components outlined above and should be at least 3 pages plus the references page.
Feel free to be creative and have fun with the assignment. Include all references and citations on your reference page. (Failure to include any of these standards shall result in a reduction of points)
PART II: Readers feedback (20 points)
Once you have completed your newsletter, as part of the final project you must send the newsletter to 3 people outside the course and solicit their feedback. Feedback can be short but hopefully constructive. You can ask questions to your reader (survey type) to be sure you receive the feedback requested. For example: What is your overall impression of the newsletter? What do you think about the content of the newsletter? Was the content easy to understand? Any suggestions to improve the newsletter? What was your favorite part? etc…
- File submitted must be a pdf.
- Name the file using this format: Firstname_Lastname_ScienceNewsletter.pdf
- This assignment has two due dates:
- Your complete final newsletter should be submitted by Sunday 05/17/20 (you have three weeks to work on your project)
- Collected feedback should be submitted by Sunday 05/24/20