Create a tool students will use to monitor their daily progress in your humanities unit. Use the “Sample Student Self Progress Monitoring Assessment Tool” template to successfully complete this assignment.
Part 1: Self-Progress Monitoring Assessment Tool
Include the following in the “Self-Progress Monitoring Assessment Tool”:
- Questions that are aligned with the learning objectives, and correlate to the knowledge and skills for each day of the unit plan
- Range of mastery for students to evaluate their level of attainment of the objective, knowledge, and skills (similar to the range in a rubric)
- Summative question or writing prompt requiring students to express understanding and/or application of the day’s learning.
Part 2: Reflection
Include the following in your reflection:
- Rationale for your design choice. Discuss how the tool will help students monitor their own progress.
- Explanation of how the tool will be implemented and evaluated.
- Discussion of the importance and purpose of students monitoring their own progress.
- Explanation of how you would use progress monitoring to inform instruction in your future professional practice.
Add your reflection to the bottom of the “Self-Progress Monitoring Assessment Tool.”
In 150-250 words, reflect on progress monitoring and the tool you created.