1) The “component of the project management plan that describes how project communications
will be planned, structured, monitored and controlled” is the:
- a) Communication model
- b) Communications management plan
- c) Stakeholder register
- d) Organizational breakdown structure
2) In order for a new grocery store to be erected, a neighborhood basketball court located on
the building site will have to be demolished. The neighborhood children who liked to play
basketball there could be considered as _________:
- a) Subject matter experts
- b) Internal stakeholders
- c) External stakeholders
- d) Customers
3) A common method of prioritizing stakeholders is based on the stakeholders’:
- a) legitimacy
- b) power
- c) urgency
- d) all of the above
4) The components of a project communications management plan should typically include the
purpose of the communication, structure (format, content etc.), methods or technologies to be
used, and _______:
- a) work performance data
- b) time frame and frequency
- c) stakeholder priorities
- d) lessons learned
5) Most project meetings are formal, planned events between project stakeholders. Effective
meetings typically have a purpose, a prearranged time and place, a list of attendees and
their roles, and an agenda with topics and issues to be discussed. After the meeting,
_______ are circulated.
- a) refreshments
- b) business cards
- c) meeting minutes
- d) lessons learned
6) The “project document that includes the identification, assessment, and classification
of project stakeholders” is called the _____________.
- a) stakeholder engagement matrix
- b) organizational breakdown structure
- c) stakeholder register
- d) weighted scoring model
7) A document used to manage points of discussion or dispute that arise during projects, in order to monitor them and ensure that they are eventually resolved and added to lessons learned, is called a(n) __________________.
- a) risk register
- b) stakeholder register
- c) SWOT analysis
- d) issue log
8) One of the key responsibilities of a project manager is to manage stakeholder expectations. It
is important for the project manager to have interpersonal or “soft” skills that include:
overcoming resistance to change, resolving conflict, active listening, and _____:
- a) displaying confidence
- b) subject matter expertise
- c) ability to command and control
- d) building trust
9) The process of communicating with stakeholders and working with them to meet their expectations, address issues as they occur, and obtain their continued commitment to the success of the project is called ___________________.
- a) Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- b) Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
- c) Monitor Communications
- d) Manage Project Team
10) The communication method that is used for large audiences or large volumes of information
and requires recipients to access the content at their own discretion, is called __________
- a) push
- b) pull
- c) synchronous
- d) interactive
11) The process where project deliverables and project work are subdivided into smaller and smaller pieces is called ______:
- a) collect requirements
- b) define scope
- c) plan scope management
- d) create WBS
12) The project scope baseline consists of the approved versions of three of the four documents listed below. Which of these documents is NOT included in the project scope baseline?
- a) project scope statement
- b) project charter
- c) work breakdown structure (WBS)
- d) WBS dictionary
13) Which of the following statements about a work package is true?
- a) It requires the work of the entire project team.
- b) It is the responsibility of the project manager.
- c) It is the lowest level of the WBS.
- d) It consists of a single activity.
14) During WBS creation on a large, complex project, the product and project deliverables are broken down into progressively lower levels of detail. Once the WBS has been defined at the second or third level of detail, whose input is essential in order to break down the work further?
- a) sponsor
- b) subject matter experts
- c) internal stakeholders
- d) external stakeholders
15) Which of the following is NOT a common method for organizing a WBS?
- a) free format
- b) indented outline
- c) hierarchical
- d) web
16) A “component of the project management plan that describes how the scope will be defined, developed, monitored, controlled and verified” is the _______.
- a) project statement of work
- b) requirements management plan
- c) scope management plan
- d) WBS Dictionary
17) A grid that links product requirements from their origins (e.g. business reason needed, stakeholder who requested them) to the deliverables that satisfy them is referred to as a _______.
- a) network diagram
- b) Gantt chart
- c) requirements traceability matrix
- d) stakeholder register
18) Which of these is NOT a component of a Project Scope Statement?
- a) summary budget
- b) project deliverables
- c) acceptance criteria
- d) project exclusions or boundaries
19) The key output of the scope planning process is an approved version of the scope baseline. After this baseline is established, it can be referenced during project execution in order to:
- a) staff the project properly with the right skill sets.
- b) link requirements back to their origins.
- c) communicate with stakeholders effectively.
- d) identify changes in scope that will go through formal change control procedures.
20) The process of breaking the WBS into smaller and smaller deliverables is called:
- a) decomposition
- b) functional design
- c) detailed specifications
- d) value engineering
21) The Midlands Company is eager to develop a project schedule. They have already completed
the scope statement, work breakdown structure and schedule management plan. What is the
next thing they should do in order to start creating a project schedule?
- a) define activities
- b) nothing; they are ready to proceed
- c) sequence activities
- d) estimate activity durations
22) Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of an activity?
- a) It is a distinct, scheduled portion of work performed during a project
- b) It has clear starting and ending points
- c) It is defined using a verb / noun format
- d) It is one of the deliverables at the lowest level of the WBS
23) Another term for “activity on node,” the most commonly used technique for constructing a schedule model is:
- a) precedence diagramming method (PDM)
- b) arrow diagramming method (ADM)
- c) activity on arrow (AOA)
- d) activity attribute method (AAM)
24) You are planning the schedule and come to an activity you are unfamiliar with. Your SMEs give you the following time estimates: most likely = 5 hours; optimistic = 2 hours; pessimistic = 14 hours. Using PERT, which activity duration do you use in your plan?
- a) 6 hours
- b) 2 hours
- c) 5 hours
- d) 10 hours
25) A critical path activity has ________ float during the planning process.
- a) the most
- b) zero
- c) negative
- d) positive
26) The Bluestar Creative Agency is developing a new marketing campaign for a client. They
have determined that the client’s marketing plan must be completed before the graphic design can begin. This situation describes what type of dependency?
- a) start-to-start (SS)
- b) start-to-finish (SF)
- c) finish-to-start (FS)
- d) finish-to-finish (FF)
27) What is an advantage of using Monte Carlo analysis when estimating the duration for an activity?
- a) It uses historical data from a similar activity or project to calculate the duration.
- b) It uses brainstorming techniques to reach a team consensus for the duration.
- c) It can provide a great deal of information about how activity times may vary.
- d) It is less costly and time consuming than other estimating techniques
28) A Gantt chart represents project schedule information in an easy-to-read, graphical format.
Which of these is NOT a component of this type of Gantt chart?
- a) activities
- b) budget data
- c) start and end dates
- d) durations
29) As a project manager, which of the following situations would concern you the most?
- a) a three-day delay on an activity with five days total float
- b) realizing that an activity on your critical path only took two days instead of the four you assigned it using the PERT method
- c) a one-day delay to an activity with 0 total float
- d) a two-day delay to a noncritical path activity with two predecessor activities
30) How do you calculate Late Start, using the two-pass method?
- a) Late Finish-Duration
- b) Duration-Early Start
- c) Early Finish-Early Start
- d) Late Finish-Early Finish