Develop A Proposal For Healthcare Reform
You will analyze the current literature on the health system in the U.S. Your final project will include a paper, a voiceover PowerPoint presentation, and an infographic of your proposed solution. Possible solutions include a single payer universal plan, a multi-payer universal plan, a potential enhancement to the ACA such as adding a public option, Medicare for all, or a complete repeal of the current law.
The three (3) deliverables are:
- A paper that includes the challenges facing the U.S. in terms of balancing the iron triangle of health – Costs, Access, and Quality. Please address the following:
- An examination of current policy
- A discussion of whether healthcare should be considered a right or a privilege
- A discussion of the role of special interest groups on health reform
- Articulate the significance of the involvement the Congressional Budget Office in determining the cost effectiveness of reform
- Explain the importance of considering existing privacy laws in reform efforts
- Describe and justify your potential solution to current challenges facing the U.S., including resource allocation
- A voiceover PowerPoint presentation that summarizes the major challenges facing the U.S. in terms of balancing the iron triangle of health, a comparison of various possible solutions, and your proposed solutions.
- An infographic that outlines your final proposed solution to the current challenges facing the U.S. in terms of balancing the iron triangle of health.