The final week will focus on Global Policy Reform and the impact on patient care. Students read the Berwick article and respond to the required discussions. In addition, students reflect on what they have learned in NR506NP and how it is applicable to their upcoming clinical courses.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this discussion, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand the role of advanced practice nursing in the International Context (CO2)
- Research global aspects of healthcare and the effect on the US healthcare system (CO5)
- Discuss the implications of global health on your clinical practice (CO5)
Total Points Possible: 100
Berwick, D., Snair, M., & Nishtar, S. (2018). Crossing the global health care quality chasm: A key component of universal health coverage. Journal of American Medical Association, 320(13), 1317-1318.
Read the Berwick article and reflect on the concepts and practices you have learned in NR506 on healthcare systems, politics, and health policy. Reflections should include:
- How to make informed decisions on nursing practice and patient outcomes on a global basis. In addition, state how you will apply what you have learned in this course to your upcoming practicum experience.
- Describe how one will apply content from NR506NP to the upcoming clinical courses.