Registered Nurse Job Description
The purpose of this paper is for students to research, learn and write about specific elements of a health care worker’s career. Students are recommended to choose the health care worker in the field they are planning to enter. Examples of paper topics include: Registered Nurse; Diagnostic Medical Sonographer; Physician Assistant; Pharmacy Technician; Massage Therapist or Radiographic Technologist. The Miami Dade College Campus’s (Medical Campus) Library has resources dedicated to these careers. Do not choose physicians or dentists as a topic as this paper is not designed for those careers.
- The required format is APA 7th ed.
oUsing MS Word, the paper is to be neat, and well organized using correct spelling and grammar,
oStudents should use the information and resources located on the MDC Learning Resources Website at https://libraryguides.mdc.edu/c.php? g=239325&p=1591789. There you will click on the corresponding tabs for each section of the paper to find resources. You will also find a tab for APA 7th ed.
information and a Microsoft Word Template for you to use for this paper.
- A Cover Page o In APA 7th ed. format o All pages are numbered
- Body of the Report o In APA 7th ed. format
oNo abstract, introduction or author’s note o The body length is three to four pages. No less than 3 and not to exceed 4 pages.
oNew Times Roman, 12-point font o One inch margins
oLeft justification o No lists, bullets, graphics, tables or pictures o Work is to be expressed in paragraph form only References Page o The title is References not Works Cited or Bibliography
oIndicate the exact source of the specific information used in the paper by citing all references on the reference page.
oOnly references cited in the paper with in text citations are to be included on the reference page. o Include a minimum of six different sources of information (books, professional journal articles, electronic sources, websites, etc.). o Wikipedia is not acceptable as a reference
- Describe the care/service provided by the healthcare professional, (used correct APA ciations)
- Describe the limits of authority and responsibility – legislated “scope of practice” for this health care career. (used correct APA citations)
- Describe the “Code of Ethics” for this health care occupation (used correct APA citations)
- Describe the educational requirements for the profession/occupation (using correct APA citations)
- Identify at least two different educational institutions/schools offering the program. (using correct APA citations)
- State how much time it takes to complete the program (using correct APA citations)
- Describe the approximate cost for each of the educational institutions (using correct APA citations) (using correct APA citations)
- What is the minimum degree or certification that can be earned for this health care career? (using correct APA citations)
- Identify the professional certification or registration required (using correct APA
- What is the job availability for this profession? How many jobs are expected to become available? (using correct APA citations)
- Growth trends in the field: How much is the profession growing? (using correct APA citations)
- Number of jobs advertised locally for example in the Sunday Herald or other publication (using correct APA citations)
- Is experience required for the jobs? How much? Explain. (using correct APA citations)
- Salaries – Entry level and with experience (using correct APA citations)
- Advancement opportunities, two or more, with or without additional education (using correct APA citations)
- Local, State or National Professional Organization and cost to join as a student. (using correct APA citations)
- Professional journal with publication address and cost. (using correct APA citations) Are Continuing Educational Units (CEUs) required for this profession? How many and how often? (using correct APA citations)
- Describe two or more ways (not course subjects), that members of a professional organization can gain continuing education requirements and earn CEUs (using correct APA citations)
V.REFLECTION / PERSONAL CAREER PLAN
- Reflect on how you see yourself “fitting” into this profession. What are your attributes, experiences or influences?
- Describe your personal career plan. How do you plan to enter this field? Include goals, objectives and strategies.
SOURCES, ORGANIZATION, FORMAT, SPELLING & GRAMMAR (10% of written
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
- At least 6 substantial references are used. They may include: books; professional journal articles; and web sites.
- All references are correctly cited on the Reference page in correct APA 7th ed format.
ORGANIZATION, FORMAT, SPELLING, GRAMMAR
- Well organized, with each section containing appropriate content Double spaced, 12-pt font size, 1” margins.
- Body of paper 3 – 4 pages with separate cover page and reference page.
- Correct spelling and grammar.