You are assigned to your department’s recruitment and training division. Your department has 50 sworn positions. The demographics of your department are 45 Caucasian males, three African-American males, two Hispanic males, and no female officers. Historically there have never been a large number of women and minority candidates applying for sworn positions in the department. Furthermore, the population demographics of your city are 45% Caucasian, 38% African-American, 10% Hispanic, and 7% other races. Furthermore, women make up 25% of your city’s population.
Your new Chief of Police has asked your department to prepare a presentation to present to the City Council to discuss strategies that could be implemented to recruit women and minorities.
Create a 10–15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (excluding the title and reference slide) that applies critical thinking to construct persuasive arguments on the following:
Address the following issues in your presentation:
- Utilize at least five supervisory skills areas (Hu-TACK) to address your strategy to increase recruitment of women and minorities.
- Utilize ethical rules when preparing a diverse recruitment and training plan at your department.
- Include recruitment strategies that you can use to increase diversity in your department.
- Explain how you would increase the number of women and minority candidates that apply with the department within the ethical guidelines previously identified.
- Your 10–15 slide requirement is excluding your title, introduction, and reference slides.
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Text large enough to be read by your audience (font size 20–34 point).
- Limit slides to between 6 and 8 lines of content.
- You may use pictures, animations, charts, and graphs to supplement your material as long as they do not take up the entire slide.
- Use bullet points for your main ideas.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience, being sure to follow the Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Notes Length: 150–200 words for each slide.