This week we review Security Policies
This week’s topics:
- Review last week’s assignmentt
- Defining User Policies
- Defining System Admin Policies
- Defining Access Control
- Standards and Procedures
- Review this week’s lab discussion
- Review about submitting the final project
Read Chapter 10 of the Easttom text, Security Policies
- Recognizing the importance of security policies
- Understanding the various policies and the rationale for them.
- Knowing what elements go into good policies
- Creating policies for network administration.
Using the guidelines provided in this week’s chapter (and other resources as needed), create a step-by-step IT security policy for handling user accounts/rights for a student who is leaving prematurely (drops, is expelled, and so on).
You will need to consider specialized student scenarios, such as a student who works as an assistant to a faculty member or as a lab assistant in a computer lab and may have access to resources most students do not.
Write your answer using a WORD document. Do your own work. Submit here. Note your Safe Assign score. Score must be less than 25 for full credit.
You have three attempts.
Submit your final project topic here. Include a short paragraph describing your project and how you intend to research it.
Note your safe assign score. Score should be less than 25
Here is a list of your upcoming project deliverables:
- Week 11. Submit final project.
- Week 12. Submit a brief abstract describing your final project.
- Week 13. Submit final project materials.
Possible Computer Security Research Project Topics
Data Center Security
Hardware and Software Security
I Love You virus
Presidential Election 2016
Quantum Computers – Impact on Encryption
Security and the Cloud
United State Cyber Command
Web War I – Estonia Attack
White Hat Hacking
Wi-Fi Security: Wireless Network Encryption
Home Automation Security and Vulnerabilities