- Why did Roosevelt call the attack on Pearl Harbor “a date which will live in infamy?” To what extent was the U.S. in grave danger?
- In this speech. Roosevelt made no mention of Germany and the war in Europe. Why?
- According to Fry, why did many people find it difficult to believe reports of the massacre of Jews in Europe?
- What responsibilities did Fry believe the United States had to aid the victims of Nazi atrocities? Ehat might realistically be done to oppose the massacres?
- How did the war affect these soldiers? Did it change their attitudes toward themselves, their families, and the meaning of war?
- What did these soldiers think about their fellow soldiers and the enemy?